Monday, July 11, 2011

Updates.. Updates.


First off, I am participating in a new pageant, which most of you readers already know. It is Miss Republica Dominicana US 2011 Pageant, which is being held later this summer in August in New York City. I will be competing with twenty-one other beautiful ladies for the crown to go on to Miss Dominican Republic Universe 2012. That pageant then leads onto Miss Universe 2012, my dream. What can I say about this new journey? It has definitely been an amazing one already. I was kind of hesitant to participate at first because I had so much already going on in my life and I was not sure if I was ready for it. But I put all doubts aside and I knew I wanted to do it. Now, I am representing Puerto Plata in the pageant. It has definitely brought out the best of me. I am learning so much on daily basis and the girls and Miss RD US team are so good to me. I am grateful for all that has been happening.

We had a presentation of the candidates in June and that went great! The audience was large and the energy in the room was exhilarating. We basically were introduced, walked down the runway, and had tons of pictures taken of us. The people of the press were jumping on each other just to get pictures. I felt like a true celebrity.

Just the other day I was on Telemundo 47 for Acceso Total segment on fashion with Karina “La Fashion Guru.” Two other candidates and I were chosen to model shoes with cute outfits. That was very enjoyable and I loved the feeling of being in front of the camera. Born to be a star ;) haha! The girls and I had our makeup and hair done by Joe Alameda who made me look absolutely gorgeous. It was exciting and my family was very proud to watch me on television.

The fashion show is coming THIS THURSDAY at Samsung Experience in Columbus Circle, where the presentation of the candidates was held. This is going to be a great show and I think everyone should be there! If you have not bought your ticket and want to attend, BUY YOUR TICKET NOW! I would love to see all my loved ones and fans there. This is a big event you will not want to miss.

The pageant is approaching very fast. It is kind of crazy how quickly time is going. I cannot wait to see what is in store for the next couple of weeks as the finals night gets closer and closer. We will just have to wait and see. Also, I finally have my first real job. I will be working at FYE: music & video store. It is in my neighborhood and I am excited to get the feel of a job and making money. I am also happy because I know I will have no choice but to manage my time better.

No comments:

Post a Comment