Monday, December 6, 2010

I'm Back and the title has been passed on.


Why Hello There ! It has been a while since I posted anything. I have been very busy with school and trying to do very good with my classes. Last week, I passed on my crown and the weekend was overall - GREAT. I loved every second of it. I felt like a princess from the moment I walked in to the moment I walked out. All the girls did amazing and looked absolutely beautiful. I am very proud of each and every one of them. So I am going to go over each of the days.

Day One - Even though I was kind of sad because it was black friday and I wanted to go shopping, it was the first day of the Miss NY Teen USA 2011 Pageant. I took the Amtrak Train to Albany, NY. Did I mention how cool Amtrak trains are? It was like a plane. Even the Amtrak station at Penn Station looked like an Airport. Inside the train, I had lots of leg room, comfortable seats, and a beautiful view of New York as we passed from town to town. I slept through half of the ride since I was up late the night before because it was thanksgiving. As soon I got to the hotel, I was given my room key but decided to put everything into my mom's room so she wouldn't stay alone that night. I went downstairs and greeted all of the contestants as they walked in. I met most of the girls and they were very curious. They asked so many questions but I was happy to answer each of them. Orientation and Rehearsal time came and I did not really do much because the show was all about the girls. In the night, it was swimsuit competition. I did not watch the show though. I decided to stay backstage and motivate the girls. After a long day, I finally was able to go upstairs and go to bed.

Day Two - The first task of the day was the recording of my farewell speech. I thought Frank (the big man in charge of the shows) was going to really criticize my speech and cut off a lot but he loved it! I was happy and recorded it. Rehearsals started around one and again I was not really a part of the show but did have two parts in it. I was excited for the show because I was able to wear my nationals (Miss Teen USA) dress again. The night came, and it was evening gown competition. I decided to watch some of the show but had to go backstage after awhile since I was a part of the ending.

Day Three - The BIG day! Rehearsals were early and all the girls looked very nervous. I remembered how it was to be in their positions. A year ago, this day, I was thinking that maybe I could be walking away with this crown but I would shake my head and say "definitely not." I went upstairs and put on a beautiful gown provided to me by The Crowning Touch. It was going to be my nationals dress but I decided to go with the Sherri Hill white dress instead. This dress was new and I was happy to finally be wearing it. The show had begun at 12:30 and time passed & passed. After awhile, it was time for my farewell walk and I walked onto stage with a bouquet of flowers. The slow music started, my voice was playing over it, and I was walking as slow as it gets. I felt tears forming in my eyes but of course, had to hold it in because of my makeup haha. The walk was over and it was time to name the finalists and winner. Girl after girl was called for finalists. And Miss New York Teen USA 2011 is Lisa Doulliard! She fell to the ground and started to cry. It was beautiful. Funny thing is that if you go to my post below, I had crowned Lisa as Miss Manhattan Teen 2010. What a coincidence! I placed the crown on her head and she did her first walk. I was nothing but happy because I had just changed a girls life forever by placing that crown onto her head. My time to shine was over but I know I will shine on my own after this experience. The show was over, photos were taken, and I was in the car heading back home.

I want to thank everyone who has supported me in my reign and helped me shine the way I did.

Here is my farewell speech:

This year has been a true blessing and a dream come true. I have experienced new adventures, met wonderful people, and made unforgettable memories. This is one year I will always remember. I have been blessed with people who have made this possible. Mom, you have made me the woman I am today and it is all thanks to your love and support. I love you. Shawn, I will always be grateful for all you have done. To my best friend of 12 years Kenia, you stayed by my side through it all and showed me the definition of a true friend. My little cousin Winter, thank you for being my biggest little cheerleader. Grandma, you always saw my potential from day one. Te quiero mucho. I cannot forget Kim Bass and the Miss Universe Organization, thank you for believing in me and being the biggest support system. To the rest of my family, friends, and fans, thank you for all the support and motivation. As for me, this is only the beginning and I am excited to see what lies ahead.

5 comments:

  1. Wow!! I am so PROUD to call you "MY DAUGHTER"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww love it! Love u so proud !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maintain this mindset and you will never stop shining the way you have done so far!

    "As for me, this is only the beginning and I am excited to see what lies ahead."
    -Thatiana Diaz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully said! We are very proud of you and above all thankful for this enriching experience! You sure made New York proud =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, sounds like an amazing experience! I am very proud of your success :) Keep working hard and you'll keep being successful!
    We love you Thatiana!! <3

    ReplyDelete