Monday, March 14, 2011

It is not only about being pretty...


They say a lot comes with the title you hold. This statement is very true. In the pageant world, when the title is given to you, at that moment, you are given expectations, suggestions, and goals. It is not good to be careless or irresponsible in this case. I would not want to be so anyways. I wanted this crown for a reason, to use it to its fullest potential and help out as much as I could. I hope to help out not only in my community or my platform, but for the state I represent, New York. I want to help out with my fellow Latinos/as since this is a Latina based pageant. I hope to continue working with my platform, domestic abuse and taking my project T.A.D.A (Teens Against Domestic Abuse) to higher levels. I was thinking how about taking part in Dominican festivities and parades since I am Dominican! Not only do I have to help out, but also I have to prepare for nationals, which is right around the corner. In May, I will represent NY and compete for the title of Miss Latina US. It still shocks me while I write this. I have to spend time at the gym and definitely eat a lot healthier. I have to work on my speaking skills and my walks. I have to shop for pageant week and the final show. I have ideas for what dress I want to wear but I really want to see what else I can find before I settle my heart on anything. The weeks following into May are going to be hectic and busy but I am driven to do it all. I am ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment