Sunday, September 30, 2012

It's Been Awhile... Hello Fall!

It’s been awhile since I have blogged but I was thinking that I should definitely be getting back into as I am back to living in New York City, interning for Wilhelmina Modeling Agency, and preparing for Miss New York USA 2013.There are many great things in store for me as the year goes on, so let me start with all that is going on currently. 

Unfortunately my internship at Seventeen Magazine came to an end the last week of August. Let me say, it was the hardest thing to leave the place I began to call a home. I was at Seventeen for 9 months! 9 months! I felt like I was a part of the team. The magazine taught me many life experiences and it was truly an amazing blessing. It was life changing to see how people must work together to make something that is like a bible to teenagers around the nation. I never truly saw how important the magazine is for some girls as they grow up. I loved being able to be a part of a team that made something so BIG every month. Even though one door closed, one door did open… 

My boss at Seventeen Magazine landed me a fall internship at Wilhelmina Modeling Agency that offered me the position on the spot. One of the first things that popped out to me during my interview was when my supervisor informed me that I would be helping out with fashion week. I was flipping out in my head. The internship started off great; it was fantastic push and eye opener to the modeling industry. I learned quickly in my first week, thankfully. Fashion week came and left! All I can say is WOW. (Check out my next post for my work at Fashion Week) 

My junior year has begun (where did the time go?!) and after dropping and adding classes a few times (indecisive me), I have my perfect schedule and I look forward to all my classes. My favorite class so far is my speech writing class. The teacher is very in tuned with his students and basically the students learn from one another. My first speech has to be on myself… my speech is about my pageant career, hopefully I can come up with a 8-10 minute speech on that without boring my classmates haha. I am living in the Brooklyn Heights dorms again and I really enjoy living with my new roommate, Allie. She is very down to earth like me and we just seem to click as roomies which is obviously a wonderful thing. Our room is very “comfty” and ‘home-y” with all sorts of decorations and blue quilts (not planned!). 

Last but not least, what is going on with my pageant career? Well, I am competing for Miss New York USA 2013 in January. I will be representing Uptown, which I am very proud to represent as my mother is from the area and I basically spend most of my days there since my friends all live there. I hope to represent the area proudly. I will be working with PR Pageant Coaching this month in Florida and with Midas Golden Touch through my entire journey. Of course, I must stick to a strict diet and exercise plan. Thankfully my dorms come with a free state of the art gym pass. I will be there most of my days especially since January will sneak up on us. 

I have been in three Seventeen Magazine issues already, shot a halloween video for their website and will be in the upcoming special Quince issue and the prom issue early next year. I was featured on my school's, Pace University's, website as "Miss Determined" in their success stories. In about three weeks, I will attending Teen Vogue's University here in New York, where I will be learning from the absolute best. I have a lot to be thankful for and God has really blessed me with many opportunities. I hope more doors open as I continue to embark on my journey to the top… 

“If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.” 

Xoxo, 







No comments:

Post a Comment