Monday, March 14, 2011

A Look Into the Future

The future? Sounds scary even thinking about it. I have been doing a lot of thinking about my future and what I want to do. This is very common with college students at this point as an undergrad. I am a declared Criminal Justice major but is this really what I want to do? Do I really want to go onto law school after college and study for a couple more years? Does this field of work interest me? Am I doing what I really love? These are the questions that have been circling my head for the past couple of days. I believe the answer is no, this is not what I truly want to do. I have always been known for my creativity and leadership skills. Ever since I was young, I have always used my imagination in the real world and made great use of it, whether for project ideas or productions. I also have always been great at taking charge and being a fair & responsible leader. So why not use these skills and find a job that I could use them in? I thought about it and found marketing & production managing the best pathways to go. I do not have it set on stone but it is a high possibility. I am thinking about becoming a marketing major and theater arts (production focus) minor. My pageant history and networking would definitely help in this pathway. I just do not want to have to read books and box in my true passions. I want to put my creativity to use and become a leader someway somehow. I also enjoy writing and I have always loved to write so I want to look into that as well. I will continue doing more research on these majors/careers. When I come to a decision, I will let you all know. As well, I want to start looking into modeling agencies and see where I can go from there. How about acting classes? Someone suggested them to me and said they would definitely help out. Seems interesting to me, maybe I could give it a try. We will just have to see what the future holds for me….

No comments:

Post a Comment